Summit Day Two
08:00 - 09:00
Welcome Coffee & Registration
Opening of Mozambique Gas Summit Day Two
09:00 - 10:30
Session 5: Using Gas as a Key Driver to Diversify Mozambique’s Economy
Martin WaterhouseVice President, Mozambique Operations & Country ManagerSasol Exploration & Production International
- Government’s vision to successfully implement the Energy Plan 2017 – 2042 in Mozambique
- Where are the biggest opportunities for investment in gas to power projects?
- What are the regulatory considerations in gas projects in Mozambique and the region?
- How will neighbouring countries collaborate with Mozambique to develop the regional gas market?
- How is the Gas Masterplan being implemented in Mozambique and what impact will it have on project development and economic diversification?
- How can the gas and LNG projects be a catalyst for economic development and diversification?
- What role will the energy sector play in powering the country’s industrialization?
- Reducing the dependency of Mozambique on imported refined oil products by introducing LPG
- Potential to develop petrochemicals, fertilizers and polymers industry
- Options for methanol, CTL, ethanol and other products
- Reviewing the gas to power project in Ressano Garcia
- The role of renewables in developing Mozambique’s energy potential
12:00 - 12:30
Session 7: Oil as a New Frontier in Mozambique
- What are the Opportunities for Oil Development in Mozambique?
- What is the status of the current exploration?
- Light oil has been found, can we expect further promising findings?
- What are the options to develop oil in Mozambique under the current climate in the industry?
12:30 - 13:30
Session 8: Mozambique Gas Summit Conclusions & Outcomes
- Mozambique Gas Summit closing conclusions
- Discussions & Event Summary
- What are the Summit’s outcomes & Highlights ?
- What can we expect from the Gas and LNG developments in the next 12 months?
End of Mozambique Gas Summit 2017 & Networking Lunch