31 Oct - 02 Nov 2018
National Content Day
08:00 - 09:00
Registration & Welcome Coffee
Opening of National Content Day
09:00 - 10:30
Session 1: Latest Developments in National Content in Mozambique
Aníbal MbalangoGeneral Coordinator of the Tax Unit for the Extractive IndustriesMozambique Tax Authority
- What are the latest developments in the local content legislation?
- What progress in National Content has been made since last year?
- What are the next steps and which impact the regulations will have in people and industry?
- Which plans is the Government implementing to ensure industrialization and the creation of indigenous Mozambican companies?
- When will local companies be able to integrate themselves in the value chain?
11:00 - 12:30
Session 2: Global & Commercial Key Requirements to Implement a National Content Strategy
- The projects are moving to a new stage once FID takes place: How much local workforce is going to be necessary to make the projects a reality?
- How to align the resource needs with the available pool of knowledge?
- What are the current timelines to hire local contractors and Mozambican workforce?
What plans are currently being implemented?
- Which action plan is taking place to ensure Mozambicans will be integrated in the gas value chain?
What skills and needs have been mapped so far?
- What main goods and services Mozambique is able to provide to the projects and which areas will be developed?
- Which are the government’s priorities in the development of industrialization and creation of strong indigenous companies in Mozambique? Case studies from abroad.
14:00 - 15:00
Session 3: Panel Discussion – Enabling an Environment for National Companies & SMEs to Prosper in Mozambique
- Raising capital and funding for local SMEs and Mozambican companies: what are the options available?
- How can the government create an environment that allows SMEs to prosper and participate in the Oil & Gas projects in Mozambique?
- What role can internationals play in the development and creation of a strong network of SMEs?
- What are the current opportunities for SMEs and local companies in the oil and gas value chain?
How to find them and how to access these opportunities?
- What are the key requirements to form successful partnerships with the international companies?
How to meet their requirements and to ensure the quality they expect?
15:00 - 16:00
Session 4: Capacity Building, Environment Assessment & Social Investment: Developing the Local Industry & Communities
Friedrich KauffmanRepresentative German Mozambican Office South AfricanGerman Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Collaboration strategies between international companies and the education sector to ensure Mozambicans acquire the right set of skills to work in the industry
- How can National companies raise their standards in order to meet the International companies requirements?
- What are operators and contractors doing to ensurie the hiring of Mozambique’s workforce and contract goods and services from national companies?
- What recruitment policies are in place to hire Mozambicans to work in the projects?
- Which social investment initiatives and plans are companies in Mozambique implementing?
- How is the government developing the environmental assessment and mitigation plans in the communities and areas surrounding the projects?
16:30 - 18:00
Session 5: Panel Discussion – Outstanding Women Forum: Empowering Mozambican Women in the Oil & Gas Industry
- The Government’s vision in developing women’s role in the Oil & Gas industry
- What is the current representation of women in the Oil & Gas industry?
- What are the main challenges women face in progressing their career within the industry?
- Collaboration strategies to empower women and develop their role in the gas industry
- How can Mozambican women nurture and coach other women to integrate the industry and progress their career in the Oil & Gassectors?
- What industry initiatives and networks exist to support women’s collaboration?
- Building women’s capacity and skills: the role of international companies and universities
- Which policies international companies have in place to empower women in their own organisations?
What is being done in Mozambique at this level?
End of National Content Day
Outstanding Women Forum Reception